Thursday 19 February 2015

Welcome to Choose My Adventures!!

I created this blog to record my travels in 2015. In 4 days, I'll jump on a plane to Germany to meet my favourite travel companion and husband extraordinaire, Phil and we will spend the REST OF THE YEAR on the road. WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, all those CAPS are for my benefit... I'm finding it really hard, sitting here on the couch at home in Melbourne, to get my head around the whole situation. No work. No responsibilities. No real plans. For the whole year.

When I say no plans, I mean it. We have one-way tickets to Germany. We have our first week booked in Rotterdam. That's it. Not a single other booking for a plane, train, automobile, hotel, hostel, apartment.... you get my drift.

We're lucky enough to have some awesome friends and family in Europe to hang with... but even that's still undercooked at this stage. This is not my usual style - I usually love researching my travel options to near-death, but this time, we've left it wide open.

We've come up with some pretty fun ideas - rent an apartment in Berlin for a couple of months, move to Yogjakarta and learn Indonesian, cruise through the Norwegian fjords, take the Trans-Siberian express from Moscow to Beijing, climb Mt Rinjani in Lombok, finally get Phil to the States...

But even with the WHOLE YEAR ahead of us, we can't do everything...  so to help us decide where to go and what to do, I'll be posting polls throughout our adventures. Choose our next drink, our next apartment or our next continent!

The first poll is a no-brainer for me - I'd take the coldest winter plus travelling anytime...


No comments:

Post a Comment