Friday 27 February 2015

I didn't think it was going to be a race...

So there are going to be two posts today... We arrived in Rotterdam yesterday and I'd love to post some pics. I also have some GOMP classics which some of you who read my last travel blog (Warung Ocha) will be familiar with, but first, I have something pressing to deal with...

So back when George W Bush got elected President in the States the first time (if you recall by the narrowest of margins and only after Supreme Court intervention) there was a reasonable contingent of appalled Americans - fair enough, not super unusual. But when he was voted back in for a second term, I remember reading about some Americans who mounted a genuine revolt. That is, some Americans decided that they no longer wanted to live in a country where the populace really wanted the 'Big W' as their President (as opposed to the "fluke" or as some people saw it "bullshit con" of the first term election).

Several years ago now, when we first realised that Tony Abbott was a viable option for Australian PM, I was inspired by those people and made a declaration - if the Australian people elect Tony as our PM, I'm following suit and leaving the country. It was a touch hyperbolic, I guess - but it was really my way of saying this:




I said it again on the eve of our last Federal election - if that misogynist halfwit ends up leading my country, I'm out...

Weelllllll, it only took 12 months from that dark election result, but when Phil and I decided to spend 2015 adventuring outside our beloved home, I thought, yes!! I can finally make good on my word. When I write my (inevitable) blog, I am going to dedicate our departure to the truly black hearted** leadership of Mr Abbott and his party.

Well, a lot can happen in 6 months in politics, as we all know. I NEARLY lost my opportunity mere days before my departure in the recent leadership challenge. And now, it's looking even more terminal for Tony. Just today, the Hezza's headlines include "Tony Abbott's leadership enters the death zone". The Hezza!!

Sooooo... in light of this, I dare not delay another minute. I hereby dedicate my absence from my otherwise beloved Australia to the truly appalling, inept and internationally cringeworthy "leadership" of Mr Tony Abbott. You sir, are a disgrace, you do not speak for me, and you are going down.

** Like smirking at pensioners forced to work on sex lines to make ends meet, piling debt onto students while his kid gets some non-existent scholarship, barring young people from welfare, children in detention etc etc...























Sent from my iPad


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment