Friday 6 November 2015

Absence makes the heart grow fonder...

So it's been a while between blog posts. Lots of things have been happening, people, I just haven't sat down to write about it... what a slacker!!

At the time of the last blog post, both Phil and I were wrapping up our first two weeks in Bali after some fairly persistent, but minor stomach ailments. We were a week or so away from 10 days in Kota Kinabalu in east Malaysia to renew our visas and revisit the gorgeous spot where we got married some 6 years ago!

And then there was a last minute change... a mere 4 days before flying to Malaysia, I had a FaceTime chat with my mum which made it clear that I needed to head back to Melbourne for a few days instead.

While I've loved our travels, I do really miss home while I'm away. I have especially been missing my beautiful cat Millie and the dogs, so when it looked like some help wouldn't go astray, I got myself down to the AirAsia office and changed my flight. It was that easy.

Melbourne!!!!!!
So instead of spending 10 days eating noodles and snorkelling on islands for a few ringgit a day, I spent 10 days inhaling coffee and appreciating the hell out of my own bed and pillow!! I focussed on a bunch of renovation-related meetings to organise and attend, but also managed to squeeze in some walks with the dogs and a few all-too-brief catch ups.

It was a whirlwind trip and over almost as soon as it began!!


Beautiful Millie wouldn't let me out of her sight during my week in Melb...



And I was so happy to be reunited with the dogs... Andy looks less impressed.

While I was in Melbourne, Phil had "our" Malaysian holiday, walking all around Kota Kinabalu and eating an impressive amount of roti (and torturing me with drool-worthy foodie pics!!)


Yes, that is iced milo!!

Back in Bali

We each headed back to Bali on the same day, our flights arriving a mere hour apart... and we had a third person to meet at Denpasar airport...



My gorgeous and talented friend, Yules. Woo hoo!!!!!! Incidentally, this girl cannot take a bad photo... I need her secret.

Yules, who has never been to Bali before had a week before heading to a conference in Adelaide. It couldn't have been a more perfect re-introduction to Bali!!

We swam in the pool, discovered some new breakfast spots, watched the sunset from the beach, had a tarot reading at high tea, shopped our little hearts out and squeezed in a day trip to Ubud. It was an awesome week!!!

Here it is in pics:



I knew it would be an awesome visit when we looked at each other's bags...


Bali's golden sunsets



Chilling by the pool


The rice fields of Ubud


Breakfast at the awesome Kreol kitchen



Happy travellers!!

It was over all too soon...

In the next instalment, read about how we're trapped in the island and how Phil's Indonesian classes are literally saving lives!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment